Interesting Facts & Statistics
- South Jordan covers a total area of 22.1 square miles, with 22.05 square miles being covered by land, and 0.08 square miles being covered by water.
- South Jordan consists of 95.1% Whites, 0.02% African Americans, 2.6% Asian Americans, and 2.28% other races
- In South Jordan there are 22,368 people over the age of 16 that are employed-17,258 private sector, 2,744 government sector and 1,186 self-employed.
- South Jordan public schools consist of 6 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, 4 high schools, and 1 alternative school.
- South Jordan has a population density of 2,531 people per square mile.
Current Events & Attractions in South Jordan
- Farmers Markets
- Chili Cook-Off
- Brigham Young Historic Park
- Chase Home Museum of Utah Folk Art
- Children’s Museum of Utah
- Classic Cars International Antique Auto Museum of Utah
- Hill Aerospace Museum
- International Peace Gardens
- John Hutchings Museum of Natural History
- Pony Express National Historic Site
- South Jordan is home to many miles of hiking trails, pathways, community parks, and has numerous state parks and national historic sites within driving distance.
South Jordan Community Statistics
- South Jordan has a population of 55,934 that includes 28,005 males and 27,929 females.
- The South Jordan cost of living index is 93.8, compared to 100 nationally.
- The unemployment rate in South Jordan is 4.2%.
- Rental vacancy rates in South Jordan are 8%.
- The median age is 29.9 years old
- Median household income is $84,856 in South Jordan, compared to $52,175 for all adult U.S. Residents
- Per capita income is $26,724 locally, compared to $27,466 for all adult U.S. Residents
- The median home value in South Jordan is $327,968
- 96.5% of South Jordan residents have a high school diploma or greater and 37.2% of residents have a 4 year college degree.
- The city of South Jordan employs 58 law enforcement officials to keep their citizens safe.
South Jordan Rental Statistics
- In 2014, the average monthly rent amount in South Jordan was $1,533 per month for a single family home, and $749 for a 1 bedroom apartment.
- 20% of South Jordan residents pay 30% or more of their annual household income in rent.
- As of 2013, 31% of South Jordan residents were renters, compared to 36.98% of renters in the U.S.
- Owner average household size is 3.5 people, compared to 2.9 for renters
- The rent to price ratio in South Jordan is 0.4%.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.